This Andes mint cookie recipe is a favorite of ours! It is super simple, uses just 7 ingredients, and comes together in one bowl! If you like Andes chocolate mints and chocolate chip cookies, you will die over how delicious these Andes mint cookies are!
I love how quick and easy this mint cookie recipe is! It comes together with just the 7 ingredients above and in 1 bowl! By using the cookie mix, you don’t have to add typical cookie recipe ingredients like flour, baking soda, granulated sugar.
This is one of our favorite recipes to make in December, but who says they have to be a seasonal recipe? These mint chocolate chip cookies will be a hit year-round.
Andes Mint Cookie Recipe:
First, combine the room temperature butter, egg, mint extract and optional food coloring in a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a flat beater attachment. Mix until everything is combined.
Then you add the sugar cookie mix, and again stir until a dough forms.
After cookie mix is incorporated, stir in the chocolate chips and Andes mint crumbles.
Place cookie dough portions on an ungreased baking sheet or silicone baking mat.
Then into the oven to bake for 8-10 minutes depending on size of cookie.
I use 1/4 cup cookie scoop, because we like oversized cookies. For that size of cookie, I bake them for 10 minutes. If you prefer a smaller cookie, reduce baking time to 8 minutes.
A simple gift idea for a co-worker, neighbor, teacher, or delivery driver:
Andes Mint Cookie Recipe
- Baking Pan
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix (1lb. 1.5 oz.)
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/8 teaspoon green food coloring (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Andes Mints crumbles
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir butter, mint extract, food coloring and egg together.
- Add in cookie mix
- After cookie mix is incorporated, stir in mint crumbles and chocolate chips.
- Using 1/4 cup cookie scoop or measuring cup, place dough a minimum of 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet or baking mat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes before placing on cooling rack.
I would love to know if you make this mint cookies recipe! Leave a comment below!
If you can’t find Andes mint pieces, you can buy Andes Mints, and just chop them up into small pieces. I actually used chopped Andes mints this year, because my local store didn’t have them in stock.
Yes, food coloring is required if you want the cookies to be green. But the food coloring is optional if you don’t care about the color!