Easy entertaining ideas that anyone can do! Bonus- zero cooking involved!
Today I’m sharing simple summer recipe ideas for easy entertaining! I’m talking so easy you don’t even have to turn the stove on. And your guest will love it!
I’m just going to say it. You guys, I hate to cook. Like seriously one of my least favorite things to do! You want to know what’s even worse? My husband doesn’t like it either. Neither does our 12-year-old daughter. But you know what this doesn’t stop us from doing? Entertaining.
It did take me a while to get to the point of feeling comfortable entertaining. My mom is the most fabulous cook and entertainer, and for a lot of my adult life I felt I needed to be as well in order to entertain.
I was so wrong.
A few years ago I decided to just start entertaining friends and family regardless of my relationship with cooking. Turns out nobody cares if I can cook.
In the colder months, I love to entertain with something easy like take-out from a favorite Mexican restaurant. Since the pandemic hit, we have had my mom over weekly for individual homemade pizza night. I make the crust from a box. And sometimes we just have the pizza. And my mom, who remember is a fabulous cook, LOVES it!
Nobody cares if your entertaining is simple. They just want to be invited over!
The sandwiches I’m sharing today are perfect served with fresh fruit & chips! How easy is that?!? So, make some lemonade, or put a few ciders and beers in a tub filled with ice, turn on some music, make a sandwich recipe or two from below, relax and have fun. I guarantee your guests will love it!
And if they ask you what they can bring, tell them a salad. One less thing for you to think you need to do!
Simple Summer Entertaining Recipe Ideas:
Vegan Caprese Sandwiches with Garlic Cashew Cheese
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked in water for 4-8 hours, then rinsed and drained
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp unflavored soy or almond milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 baguette cut into 4 sections or 4 ciabatta rolls
- 1/2 cup clover or alfalfa sprouts
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
For the garlic cashew cheese
- Place cashews and garlic into blender or food processor. Blend to a paste, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally. This can take up to a few minutes, depending on what type of device you are using.
- Add lemon juice, milk, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Blend again until everything is completely mixed and smooth.
To assemble the sandwiches:
- Spread a layer of cheese on each side of baguette section or roll. Distribute a layer of sprouts over the cheese.
- On the bottom half of each of your sandwiches, top the sprouts with tomato slices, and then drizzle your tomato slices with balsamic vinegar. Arrange the basil leaves over tomato slices, then place the top half of your baguette section over your tomato-basil layer and serve.
California Club Croissant Sandwich
- 4 sandwich-sized croissants
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces smoked chicken deli meat
- 4 ounces smoked ham deli meat
- 4 ounces smoked turkey deli meat
- 4 slices baby Swiss cheese
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 pieces leaf lettuce
- Slice each croissant horizontally.
- Top with layers of chicken, ham, turkey.
- Add one slice of each cheese over meat.
- Top each sandwich with bacon, tomato slices, avocado slices, and a piece of lettuce.
- Spread top of croissant with may and mustard.
- Place top piece croissant over lettuce.
- Cut diagonally to serve.
Pressed Italian Sandwiches
- 1 ciabatta loaf
- 1/4-1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1/2 pound sliced Italian cold cuts (I used salami & pepperoni
- 1/2 pound sliced Provolone cheese
- 1 cup fresh spinach, arugula or basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- finely chopped olives (black or green)
- roasted red peppers
- sun dried tomatoes
- roasted garlic
- Slice ciabatta loaf in half horizontally.
- Spread desired amount of pesto over the bottom half of the bread. Don't over-saturate the bread.
- Layer the Italian meats over the pesto. Top with the sliced cheese. Layer the spinach, basil or other greens over the cheese.
- Optional toppings can be added to either the top or the bottom of the sandwich.
- Place the top half of the loaf over the sandwich fillings.
- Wrap the sandwich thoroughly with plastic wrap. Place a heavy cutting board or other flat object on top of the sandwich and weigh it down with a 2-4-lb. weight. I used my cast iron pan.
- Let the sandwich sit for at least 6 hours, but preferably overnight. Unwrap, cut into 8 pieces & serve.
Amber Wallace says
These look so yummy!
Thank you so much, Amber! We love them!