A curated collection of the best neutral area rugs for your home.
Rugs can be so hard to shop for. This blog post is here to help you out. I’m sharing the best neutral area rugs for all of the spaces in your home. The best part? I have several of the rugs I’m sharing below in my own home, so I can give you my honest reviews of them!
1. Pottery Barn Chunky Wool Jute Rug
My favorite rug, the rug I get asked about the most, and the rug I’ve had in my home the longest. You guys, I cannot say enough good things about the Pottery Barn Chunky Wool/Jute Rug. It is so cozy underfoot, it wears well, and goes with almost every color I throw at it. It really is the best. We have it in the natural color, which is pictured above.
p.s. We have had this rug for over 5 years, and it still looks amazing.
2. Loloi Skye Natural/Sand Rug
I have several Loloi rugs throughout my home, and love them all, but the Skye in Natural/Sand is the only true “neutral” one I have. Loloi rugs are perfect for layering over carpet, because they are so thin, which I love. But as you can see from above, they are also perfect for over hardwood flooring.
3. Pottery Barn Nicolette Wool Rug
The rug we have in our kitchen that is pictured above is an older rug from Pottery Barn, and sadly no longer available. The Nicolette Rug in the Ivory/Multi color is a really great substitute. It is the same size, look and material as mine.
I really hesitated before buying a wool rug for my kitchen, but it was seriously the best thing I have ever done. I have had the rug for YEARS, and it still looks great. It is so soft and warm under foot, which I love. This rug is perfect for a kitchen!
4. Chunky Jute Rug From Amazon
This affordable rug from Amazon is such a great option for a dining room. I love the texture it brings to the space, it is durable, and the material does a great job of hiding dirt & spills! It is not soft under foot, so that is why I prefer it in a space that isn’t getting used constantly, which is the case for our dining nook. I also love this rug if you will be layering another rug over the top of it!
5. Surya Rafetus Charcoal Rug
This rug is another great option for layering over carpet in a bedroom, like shown above in our guest bedroom. This rug is thin and lays really flat.
6. Diamond Natural Woven Sisal Rug
The rug pictured above in my entryway I have had for years, and it is sadly no longer sold. This diamond sisal rug is a good substitute. Also loving this neutral chevron runner option. Both will give you a similar look to mine!
A Few More Neutral Rugs I Love:
7. Serena & Lily Tulum Rug I almost ordered this rug for our dining nook, but instead decided on number 4 above.
8. Crate & Barrel Cream Hand Tufted Rug I’m in love with the cream version of this cozy looking rug. Would be so great in a living room or nursery!
9. Lulu & Georgia Stripe Break Rug I have had this rug saved for YEARS. Still looking for the perfect spot 🙂 . This is the perfect neutral rug for a bathroom, entryway, bedroom or living room!
10. Lulu & Georgia Acoma Rug I wanted to buy this rug for our guest bedroom when we did a recent refresh. Sadly, it is too thick for on top of our carpet, as we have closet doors that can’t open over the top of it. Someday I will have this rug! Perfect for a living room, entryway or bedroom!
By the way, I always use a rug pad with my rugs (unless they are on top of carpet,) and this is the rug pad I have in each of my spaces.